April 14-16, 2023
Holiday Inn Auburn
75 North St., Auburn NY
rochester erotic arts festival
Workshops at the 2023 Festival
UPDATED COVID Policy: MASKS REQUIRED in all public areas. Up-to-date vax/boosters, daily rapid tests, and KN95 masks are strongly encouraged but not required for entry. If you feel ill, please stay home! See full Covid Risk Reduction Policy.
All workshops on Friday, Saturday and Sunday are FREE (included in your admission price). Workshops are open to all attendees, regardless of gender, sexual orientation or experience levels.
Ginger and Ryan (aka "The Professor")
Ginger and Ryan (aka "The Professor") are relationship revolutionaries and sexcation provocateurs with a mystical twist. They share their reflections on love, relationships, and living a passionate life through their retreats, guiding sessions, and podcasts.
Instagram: @gingerbentham and @ryanakaprof
Twitter: @gingerntheprof and @intelforeplay
Web: IntellectualForeplay.com / LifeOnTheSwingset.com / SwingsetDesire.com
- Tuning In, Turning On: Playing on All Frequencies: Join Ginger and Ryan from the Life on the Swingset and Intellectual Foreplay podcasts to explore the energetic facets of attraction and connection. Experiment with tuning in to yourself and your partner as you play with consent and accessing altered states through mindfulness and shamanic practices. During the session, Ginger and Ryan will introduce simple multi-sensory experiential practices that you can take with you to deepen your connection with partners, playmates, and lovers. While there is a beautiful erotic energy that can flow during these practices, all remain clothed and vertical during the session. Where this enhanced energetic connection takes you beyond the session is up to you!
- Swinging 101 Panel Discussion: So you have considered the swinging lifestyle or other non-monogamous activities with your partner - now what? Swinging can be a great way to expand your relationship, but there are many topics to be aware of before you decide to get started. We will discuss:
* The many types of swinging or non-monogamy
* The do’s and don’ts of swinging
* Talking to your spouse or partner about non-monogamy and swinging
* Communications, rules and expectations
* How to meet the right couples and/or singles
* Clubs, Parties, Meet & Greets and the Swinger Community activities
* Websites and sexy vacations
We share our experiences, answer your questions and help you get informed about the Swinging Lifestyle.
- Hosting Swinger Mixers and Playrooms: Mix and mingle in a welcoming and sensual atmosphere, whether you have been in the lifestyle for years or are dipping your toes in for the first time. Ginger and Ryan and our other hosts will help you feel comfortable meeting others in the swing lifestyle.
Luna Matatas is a Sex and Pleasure Educator with over 15 years of experience teaching sex, kink and empowerment workshops. She celebrates body confidence, self-adoration and building shame-free pleasure in and out of the bedroom. She created Peg the Patriarchy® and Meditate Medicate Masturbate® brands as part of her sex-positive and feminist merchandise.
- Fun with Fluids: Want to have fun with sexy fluids, safely, creatively and shame-free? From semen to squirting to pee, fluids can make our sex lives juicier but can also come with a mess, insecurity and a yuck factor. This workshop will discuss the fluids that can be involved in sex and pleasure:
- How to have fun with fluids in foreplay
- Improving communication with new and existing partners around cum, saliva, pee and other fluids
- Practical tips for managing mess
- Navigating shame or disgust around fluids
- Health and safety for fluid sharing
- How to create erotic scenes with confidence
- Techniques for squirting, swallowing, watersports/pee play, saliva, facials and ejaculate
Please note, this class contains no nudity or live body demos, this is a presentation style workshop.
- Face Sitting Skills: If I sit on their face, will they die? Do you think face sitting is hot but are worried about squishing someone's face? Are you hungry to be on the bottom but don't know what to do with your arms? Want to hop on and ride but your knees say 'nope!'? Face sitting is hot for a lot of reasons and challenging for a lot of reasons. Any body and any gender can enjoy face sitting! In this class you'll get skills for:
- What to do on top
- What to do on the bottom
- How to communicate during face sitting
- How to use positions and props to accommodate your bodies
- Tips for rimming and cunnilingus
- What to do with bellies, balls
- How to feel confident on top and how to encourage your top to feel confident
- How to Have a Threesome: Have you fantasized about a threesome? Unsure about how to approach a couple or a single for group sex? Want tips for talking to your partner about this sexy fantasy? Group Sex Goddess Luna Matatas will provide you with practical tools to explore a sexy landscape of more than two bodies. We’ll cover topics like:
- From fantasy to reality – communication skills
- Threesome etiquette and ‘couples privilege’
- How to find a Unicorn
- Do I have to be bisexual to have a threesome?
- Getting it started and keeping it going
- Avoiding awkwardness
- Managing physical and emotional risks (e.g. jealous, insecurity, fear)
This workshop welcomes inexperienced and experienced singles and couples of all genders to explore the ways to maximize pleasure in your threesome experiences.
Laura Boyle is a writer, polyamorist, and educator who has been teaching classes on polyamory, sexuality, boundaries, kink, and the intersection of those since 2018. She is the author of Ready for Polyamory: A Pragmatic Guide to Consensual Non-Monogamy. After more than 14 years in consensually non-monogamous relationships, in polycules that have ranged from temporarily closed Vs to constellations whose shapes are increasingly indescribable depending on which relationships folks consider worth including, she loves to share practical information learned from years of fixing her own mistakes and missteps. This, along with a desire to share theoretical information about CNM on a wider scale, led to the foundation of the Ready for Polyamory blog and podcast in 2020.
- Beyond the Kitchen Table: Modes and Models of Parallel Polyamory: Many polyamorous "authorities" present kitchen-table groups as the holy grail of polyam interactions, and while these relationship styles work well for many people, structures that fall outside that framework can be equally positive and healthy. This class will focus on building parallel relationships, being intentional about your choice of how much to interact with your partners' wider networks and how to openly communicate about:
- How to be entwined in someone's life but not close with a meta
- "Stepping off the relationship elevator"
- How to negotiate wanting a different level of interaction than a meta does
- Balancing D/s concerns with poly concerns
- Maximizing personal responsibility and minimizing stress on hinge partners
- Non-Escalator Relationships: Strategies and Challenges: In polyamorous relationships, but especially solopolyamorous or Relationship Anarchist relationships, we often step off the "relationship escalator" - that "first comes love, then comes marriage" pattern we all know from nursery rhymes that says our relationships are most valid if they end in the death of one half of the dyad after a lifetime together. Relationships that choose to operate otherwise pick their own milestones, celebrations, and end points, and this class offers up a workshop-style discussion of the various ways folks have chosen to do this as well as strategies to overcome common challenges to living life "off the escalator."
- Intentional Relationships: Communication Strategies for Couples: There are ways of talking, making agreements, and looking at attachment style & arguments that are popularized in discussing non-monogamy that are actually really helpful for dyads of any style. This class is "What can polyamory teach the monogamous?" And it's about:
- organizing your time together more intentionally
- avoiding falling out of balance because of gender roles and relationship escalator stereotypes
- nonviolent communication strategies
- only truly fighting if it's a hill you're willing to die on
- identifying common hiccups in communication caused by mis-matched attachment styles that you can work together to build toward relationship security.
Miss Mackenzee is a Professional Dominatrix, Certified Erotic Hypnotist, Sexual Wellness Coach, Lifestyle and Adult Industry Mentor, as well as an International BDSM and Sex Educator. Miss Mackenzee co-hosts the Kink, Intimacy, and Cannabis Lounge podcast and is highly sought after for private lessons, conventions and graduate programs at major universities. She has brought her experiences and skills to various organizations such as Kink.com, Widener University, TES, SF Citadel, Dark Odyssey, Celebrity Cruiseline, VoxBody Studio, Wicked Grounds, Black Thorn/Sacred Muse, SINergy, Kinky Kollege, Bound In Boston, YNot, SheBop, Adventures in Sexuality, ROPECRAFT, Weekend of Wickedness, Purple Passion, Rochester Erotic Arts Festival, Sexploratorium, EXXXotica, and many others. She prides herself on creating a fostering environment that is safe from societal judgments for people to explore their kinks and sexuality.
- Playing Creatively From the Neck Up: TBA
- How to Stop and Avoid Predators: We’ve all heard the words predator, narcissist, sociopath, and manipulator. Now let’s talk about how to protect ourselves from these dangerous people. Most discussions on this topic are focused on the tops who abuse their power. In this class we will not only address what to look out for when a top preys on vulnerable bottoms, but also the bottoms who are not as innocent as they appear. No matter how you identify, these helpful tactics will help keep you safe. Just as there are deceptive people in the vanilla world, they exist in the kink community as well. In this class we will talk about red flags such as ignoring limits, disregarding safe words, and more. Sometimes the line between a healthy BDSM dynamic and an abusive one can be blurred, and sometimes that's what predators count on. This workshop will discuss the differences and how to advocate for yourself.
Some other topics that will be covered are:
-What to do if someone keeps pressuring you for anything
-Energy vampires and how to shield yourself from them
-Navigating negotiations and advocating for your needs
-What does a thorough vetting process look like?
- Earning Your Stripes: Canes for Days: Do you love the beautiful stripes a cane leaves behind but don’t know where to start? This workshop is perfect for you. In this class we’ll go over the many different types of canes and how to pick the right one for the kind of sensation you want to give your bottom. This implement doesn't always have to be sadistic and we will cover how to use them in a more sensual manner. Learn how to create the marks your masochistic submissive craves. We want to hurt our bottoms, not harm them. There are so many fun ways to use a cane and including different types of play with one, including predicament play! Some other subjects we will talk about are:
-Safety, including the best places to strike
-The history of canes
-Caring for your cane
-How to make your very own cane!
- Bugger Off: Annoyance Play: TBA
- Introduction to Erotic Hypnosis: Getting Into the Mind: We’ve all seen or heard about stage hypnotists and how they make people cluck like chickens or some other crazy performance. That may have turned a lot of people away from hypnosis but this class is designed to educate and enlighten you about the truth of hypnosis. There’s no acting or elaborate stage play going on. Erotic hypnosis is about getting the bottom’s conscious mind to take a back seat, allowing their subconscious mind to come forward and relinquish its deepest desires. In this class we’ll discuss different induction methods for getting your bottom into a nice trance-like headspace, and setting them up to place triggers or post-hypnotic suggestions. It’s not about losing all control and becoming a zombie while someone else is behind the wheel. Erotic hypnosis is a great way to build a connection and explore your fantasies in a new and exciting way. Leave this class with the basic skills of how to enchant and entrance as a top and how to relax your mind to allow someone in. We will include shattering myths about what hypnosis is; how to enhance fetishes through the power of the mind; using erotic hypnosis for behavior modifications; navigating consent and safety; creativity and having fun with hypnosis.
Temptress Ari (she/her) is a sadomasochistic switchy polyamorous queer. She first discovered the kink community over a decade ago and has been in love ever since. Ari is a self dubbed “professional queer” and loves to educate on sex and gender, sexuality, nonmonogamy, and kink. A real life rainbow unicorn, Ari is also a dog mom, an avid knitter, and loves all things sparkly.
Knotty Gal (she/her) is a passionate rope educator and lover of all things rope—she's an experienced rope bottom and growing rope top/self-suspender. In her teaching, she aims to make rope accessible, demonstrating that every body (regardless of ability, size, gender, age) can tie or be tied. Beyond rope, KG enjoys teaching/facilitating discussions about consent, power exchange, and other kink/BDSM topics. Knotty Gal is also a self-described 30-something grandma who likes sweets, vintage clothing, going to bed early, and her cat.
Mister Rich and Brinalynn
MisterRich and brinalynn are a phenomenal Cg/l (Caregiver/little) duo who both love spreading knowledge and education about the lifestyle, particularly consent and Cg/l dynamics. MisterRich is a sadist who finds great joy in torturing his beautiful princess and indulging all the things that make her heart pitter patter, which include taking care of their minizoo and homestead, rope, impact, more impact, swinging and tea parties! They also run CNY Little Scouts.
- Littles Coloring and Craft Time: Come crafting with us!! We will have fun spring crafting, coloring and relaxing in the littles room!! If you'd like to know more about the littles lifestyle, you are welcome to join in the fun. You can wear your baby or kids clothes, or whatever you are comfortable in (bottoms must be covered, no dirty diapers allowed).
- Littles Disney Karaoke: Bring your blankey and pillow and come snuggle up. If you'd like to know more about the Littles lifestyle, you are welcome to join in the fun. You can wear your jammies or whatever you are comfortable in (bottoms must be covered, no dirty diapers allowed).
- Littles Story Time: Cartoons and stories with Mister Rich. Pajamas welcome. Snacks will be served.
- Littles Sticker Swap and Stuffie Adoption: Come check out our stuffie adoptions (clean laundered stuffies looking for new homes can be dropped off anytime). Bring stickers to swap with others and color with us!!
- Caregivers Roundtable: Come join others in the Cg/l community to share trials and tribulations, stories, ask questions and learn from others.
- CGL and You: Come talk about CGL (Caregivers/littles) and what it means to you. What is it? Where do you fit? What is regression? What is ageplay? What if I’m a switch !?
- Littles Pancake Social A flipping good time! Come in your pjs and share in a special little middles and caregivers breakfast. Get it while its hot!
- Littles Paper Arts: Origami and other crafts
- CGL Real Talk - The Darker Side of CGL: Taking the BOOOO out of taboo - spankings and sexual energy. Whattt do we do with that!?
- Paci Decorating: Come decorate a pacifier with us!
- Erotic Playground: Face painting and old school games. Bring a game to share or shake your booty during the Erotic Playground in the littles room!
Otter has been drawing and sketching as long as he can remember. Otter is a life coach, with 20 years experience as a group counselor in mental health, as well as a decade serving as a local pastor.
- Doodles Erotic Drawing Session: Doodles and giggles, boobies and sketches... enjoy a playful, relaxed drawing session with Otter. He'll tease out your creativity with his mangled humor and tantalizing models! You don't need to be an artist to enjoy this session.
Susanna McDonald is a certified personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine and a 350 HR yoga instructor through the Yoga Alliance. She is trained in Vinyasa, Traditional Hot, Yin, and Animal Flow. Susanna runs a virtual personal training business, Train With Susanna LLC, where she helps busy professionals, age 30-45, gain strength, flexibility, and a wellness-mindset. Susanna resides in Rochester, NY with her puppy, Winston. Both Susanna and Winston are hopelessly in love with Susanna's boyfriend, Luke, who will be assisting class.
- Partner Yoga: Have you ever wanted to bring your partner into your yoga practice? Or wanted to develop a yoga practice with a partner? Come learn how in this duo-flow. No special clothing or set up required. Bring your open heart and a desire to connect. Singles welcome! You can find a flow partner in class.
- Yin Yoga:
Shadow-Dragon is an Upstate NY based kinkster, pony, and crafter. He delved into pony play at REAF in 2016, and fell in love with it, resulting in a host of new friendships and yearly trips to Folsom St. Fair. An engineer by trade, Shadow has delved into gear building, and takes pride in his cart, harness, and other gear. He looks to share the things he enjoys with others and give them the opportunity to try new things.
- Hands-On Pony Play: Have you ever wondered what it is like to be a human pony? To pull a cart? To wear a bit in your mouth and respond to reins? For couples, ever wanted to have your partner pull you around in a cart? Just want to hang around and chat about pony play and pony gear? Well, this is your opportunity. This will be a low-stress chance to try out some aspects and gear of pony play. Shadow-Dragon will be providing his pony gear and cart.
SwitchSpace and Rose
SwitchSpace (he/him) is a kinky, bi, poly, geeky rubberist and BDSM player for the last twenty-plus years. Rubber has long been an attraction, going back prior to any sexual context and as far back into childhood as he can recall. He happily recounts stealing rubber gloves from the doctor's and dentist's offices or borrowing his mother's dish gloves to enjoy the unique scent and feel. Having been in the BDSM community for a number of years, he enjoys discussing and introducing others to the fetishes and play styles of his speciality.
Rose (she/her) has been a kinky rubberiest for several years, writing on experiences in latex and submission. In addition to lovingly serving her Master Switchspace, Rose takes every opportunity to offer advice and provide her experience on bottom while in latex. Whether a rubber doll, latex kitty, or shiny toy, Rose is more than happy to help, at least when she is not tied down.
Madam Tessa and Ms Medusa
Madam Tessa and Mz Medusa are the founders of RocDommes, an exclusive femdom club in Rochester. The club is a haven for women and femmes in touch with their inner power and those who find serving a strong woman the ultimate pleasure. They host a variety of events including munches, tea parties, dance nights, private parties, educational workshops, and themed events. www.rocdommes.com
Madam Tessa has been involved in the world of domination and power exchange for over 15 years and has been a full time professional dominatrix for 7 years. Her fascination with understanding the subconscious urges that drive submissives towards particular kinks allows her to create deeply immersive and satisfying experiences for her subs. As an extension of RocDommes, Madam Tessa has created a distinguished alliance of prodommes to empower and support one another. She personally mentors new dommes beginning their careers and helps submissives find dommes with similar areas of interest. www.madamtessa.com
Rauncie/ MzMedusa is a goddess dominatrix who has been in the lifestyle for over 25 years. She is a pagan High Priestess who specializes in BDSM ordeal and vampyre themed ritual scenes. She provides the bdsm community with alternative weddings, funerals and other life passage rituals. She is an experienced birth and death doula and considers herself a midwife of the soul. She is one of the co-producers and art curator of REAF. Rauncie is also the owner of MzMedusa productions and coordinates goth/industrial events for charity. She is a professional tarot reader. TikTok: Granny_Goth. YouTube Granny Goth Rauncie. www.Rauncie.org
- Dungeon Orientation and Exploratorium: TBA
"I'm the epitome of Schadenfreude, though there is a lot more complexity to me than simply being a sadistic bitch. I have a dominant persona that somehow harmonizes with my own masochistic pleasures. Pain is a transcendent experience for me as a bottom, but as a sadist, pain is a vital need that fuels my soul." Schadenfreude has presented workshops at events such as Beat Me in St Louis, Camp Crucible, Ohio Pony Camp, The Geeky Kink Event, and REAF. In 2013, she was named Grand Champion at Camp Crucible's Legendary Pony Show.
- The Sensual Art of Biting: Biting is as sensual and complicated of an art as kissing, yet few practice it as much. In this workshop, you will learn and practice the seven sensual (and some sadistic) bites of the Kama Sutra, as well as biting safety. This is an interactive class so please bring a partner to nibble upon.
- Let It Go: A Guide to Processing Pain: Submissives, come learn how to turn Ow into Ooo! This class will teach a multitude of pain processing techniques that will help you become a heavier masochist by expanding your pain threshold and tolerance. Bring a toy that you have difficulty enduring (yes, your Dominant may count as a toy) for discussion and guided practice.
Wulfe is a master crafter of whips, floggers and dragon tails and owner of Wulfe Tail Whips. He has been handcrafting whips and floggers for over 10 years. He has been active in the BDSM lifestyle for over 11 years and currently serves the community on the management team of the Syracuse D/s Society as one of the education coordinators.
Rochester Kink Society
Rochester Kink Society (RKS) is a social organization dedicated to providing a means for BDSM and kink-oriented individuals to network, teach, learn, share, practice and discuss BDSM and related kink. We host regular parties in our facility, a premier dungeon in upstate New York. During parties, we have dungeon monitors staffing the dungeon to ensure play is safe, sane, and consensual. rochesterkinksociety.com
- REAF BDSM 101: Whether you're kinky, kink-curious, or just want to learn, this class has lots to offer you! We will be covering the most important topics for a dungeon space to ready you for the REAF dungeon. Included will be terms, consent and negotiation, limits, scene safety, headspace, and aftercare. This class is one of two required classes for non-vetted Playroom passes. Open to ALL ATTENDEES.
Master Satoris (they/them) is the Director of MAst: Rochester and has been highly involved in the kink community for over 20 years. Professionally, they've worked in many different areas where people skills and communication are a foundation for day to day working relationships. They're currently transitioning into Life Coaching, specializing in the LGBTQ and the kink communities. This will allow them to address the specialized needs for those that fall under either or both of these umbrellas. In the kink community, they have volunteered in several capacities, such as giving classes and presentations, advocating, dungeon monitoring, etc. They are on a lifelong quest to learn, grow and help others achieve their happiness and goals.
- Role With It: Many of us are familiar with the basic roles used to describe our interests within the Kink and BDSM community. The most common titles include Dominant, submissive, Master and slave. However, the ways in which we live out those roles, the kinks which accompany them and the behaviors we exhibit when expressing them; can be as unique and diverse as the individual themselves. Come and explore a wider variety of various kink identities- and maybe discover more about yourself!
Ruby Sparkles is the headmistress of Sirens and Stilettos Cabaret. She has been a dancer for most of her life, and has tried almost every type of dance, but she loves burlesque and the art of the tease the most. She started performing burlesque in 2012 in Buffalo, and shortly after started Sirens and Stilettos Cabaret in Rochester NY. Since then Ruby has traveled and performed all over Western New York, and in Ohio, Tennessee and New York City, loving everything that sparkles.
- Make Your Own Pasties: TBA
Sybian Rides TBA
- Sybian Rides: A Sybian is powerful sex toy designed to bring a woman sensual pleasure. It consists of a saddle-like seat with a powerful motor inside that provides both vibration and rotation. A diverse selection of attachments, from flat tops to a variety of insertables, enables each woman to choose how to experience this amazing machine. Our guide will help you choose the attachment, set up the machine, and give instruction on proper use. After the ride, he sanitizes the equipment for the next rider. Here's your chance to take a ride! Times will be listed on the festival schedule, and/or by appointment.
Obsidian and Danger Tramp
Obisidan has been dabbling in the BDSM lifestyle for over 8 years, identifying as a slave princess/service top, and enjoying impact, rope, fantasy and whimsy. She enjoys games of all sorts... even the sadistic ones. Danger Tramp will charm you with that look of whimsy in his eyes as he's torturing a bottom.
- Super Happy Fun Times Game Show: Join us for some fun filled kinky trivia! We promise it won't hurt... too much. Dom/sub partners can volunteer to play this game in front of a small audience. If you know the answer to the question, you "buzz in" by giving your partner a spank.
Kinky Mixer TBD
You've seen them on your fetlife feed, now meet them in person! Meet and greet with members, organizers, and moderators of kink and lifestyle groups from all over upstate NY. Community members from a variety of clubs and organizations will gather to mingle and network while enjoying camaraderie and light refreshments. Members of any participating club or group are encouraged to join us.
Hosted by: Lazer
Swingers Mixer TBD
Mix and mingle in a welcoming and sensual atmosphere, whether you have been in the lifestyle for years or are dipping your toes in for the first time. The Saturday afternoon mixer is casual, as you stop in to visit with old friends and meet new ones in between shopping, workshops, and performances.
Hosted by: Ginger and Ryan (aka "The Professor"), John, Deb, Ryan, Christy, Mike and Amber
Upstate NY POC Mixer TBD
This is an opportunity to meet the members of the Upstate NY POC group in a relaxed and casual atmosphere.
Hosted by: Chyna Doll
Furry and Pet Play Mixer
So whether you have a fursuit or not, just love furries, or have an interest in pet play of any kind, you are all welcome to come hangout and make some new friendships.
Littles Social and Craft Hour
Join your littles friends and their middles, mommies, daddies and caregivers for fun activities, snacks and networking in the Cg/l community. If you'd like to know more about the littles lifestyle, you are welcome to join in the fun. You can wear your baby or kids clothes, or whatever you are comfortable in (bottoms must be covered, no dirty diapers allowed).
Hosted by: Mister Rich and brinalynn